Deadline: September 19, 2017 11:59PM EST
Artists are selected through a competitive selection process. Portfolios of submitted images will be judged by an independent committee comprised of highly regarded art professionals. During this first round, artists will be selected solely on the basis of their portfolio. References will be contacted for those artists in the final round.
General Applicant Restrictions:
- The residency is restricted to professional artists, 25 years of age or older, working in paint.
- The Golden Foundation Residency does not accept applications from commercial artists.
- The Golden Foundation Residency does not fund travel expenses, or pay for the cost of commissions or projects ordered by others.
Financial status is not a consideration in the selection process. If selected for a residency, artists applying for financial support may be required to submit supporting financial documentation.
The goal of Golden Foundation financial assistance is to ensure that all artists who have been accepted into the residency program can attend, regardless of their financial status.
2018 Residency Sessions:
- February 25 – March 24
- April 15 – May 12
- May 20 – June 16
- June 24 – July 21
- September 9 – October 6
- October 14 – November 10
How to Apply
Residency applications are accepted only through our online application system. This system will require you to create a user account, which will enable you to save a partially completed application and return to it later.
We strongly recommend that all applicants download a copy of our 2018 Residency Application & Instructions document prior to starting the application process. You may download this document by clicking here. In addition to answering common questions, this document identifies all of the information you will need to gather in order to complete the application. You will be able to copy and paste information into the online application.
Digital Image Guidelines
The application will require that you upload 8 digital images for review by the selection committee. Before starting the online application, we encourage all applicants to make certain that these files are correctly formatted.
- Images must be submitted as jpegs only.
- Slideshows and Powerpoint presentations are not accepted.
- Each jpeg may be no larger than 1600 pix in any direction.
- Image resolution must be between 72 and 100 dpi.
- Each file must be less than 3MB.
- Each file must be labeled with the applicant’s last name and image number Example: SMITH.J_1.JPG, SMITH.J_2.JPG
A complete application must contain the following information and files:
- Contact and biographical information.
- Artist statement.
- Eight digital image files of your work. Detailed requirements for images are outlined below.
- Three references whom we may contact. References will only be contacted for applicants in the final round.
- Current resume or CV in pdf or tiff format.
- Applicants have the option of submitting up to three letters of recommendation. Please use pdf or tiff format.
- A $30 application fee, charged at the end of the application process, payable via credit card.
If you encounter a technical issue while filling out the application, please try logging into the application in a different browser (Fire Fox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.). For further information regarding the application, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence, technical assistance, workshops, and lectures are provided in English only. Program parameters are based on available funding and other conditions, and thus are subject to change.