THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED FOR THE 2023 RESIDENCY SEASON! The application is now closed. All applicants will be notified by early December, 2022.
The 18 artists are selected through a competitive selection process. Portfolios of submitted images will be judged by an independent committee comprised of highly regarded art professionals. During this first round, artists will be selected solely on the basis of their portfolio. References will be contacted for those artists in the final round.
General Applicant Restrictions:
- The residency is restricted to professional artists, 25 years of age or older, working in paint.
- The Golden Foundation Residency does not accept applications from commercial artists.
- The Golden Foundation Residency does not fund travel expenses, or pay for the cost of commissions or projects ordered by others.
- To be able to enjoy and participate in the full the residency experience, we require that all accepted artists be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 before arrival.
The Application is Now Closed.
2023 Residency Sessions:
March 19 – April 15
May 21 – June 17
June 25 – July 22
August 6 – September 2
September 10 – October 7
October 22 – November 18
How to Apply
Residency applications are accepted only through the online application system, SlideRoom. This is our first year using this application software, so please bear with us as we work out the bugs. Thank you!
A complete application must contain the following information:
- Contact information
- Artist statement and bio
- Eight digital image files of your work
- Three references whom we may contact. References will only be contacted for applicants in the final round
- Applicants have the option of submitting letters of recommendation
- A $30 application fee, charged at the end of the application process
The Application is now Closed.
If you encounter a technical issue or have a question while filling out the application, please contact us at email@example.com
All correspondence, technical assistance, workshops, and lectures are provided in English only. Program parameters are based on available funding and other conditions, and thus are subject to change.